Siam Park vs. Other Water Parks in Tenerife
There are three water parks in Tenerife:
- Siam Park
- Aqualand Costa Adeje
- Costa Martianez
Each of these parks offers a unique experience and a variety of attractions, from thrilling water slides to relaxing pools and beautiful botanical gardens. Whether you're a thrill-seeker or just looking for a fun way to cool off in the Tenerife sun, there's a water park in Tenerife that's sure to fit the bill.
Siam Park's unique features
Tenerife is home to several water parks, but Siam Park stands out from the competition in several ways:
- Siam Park's Thai-themed decor is truly unique and immersive. From the stunning architecture to the intricate landscaping, every detail has been carefully crafted to transport visitors to another world.
- Attractions: Siam Park boasts a wide variety of attractions, from the thrilling Tower of Power slide to the relaxing Mai Thai River. The park also features several attractions that cannot be found anywhere else in Tenerife, such as the Dragon and the Singha.
- Sustainability: Siam Park is committed to sustainability and conservation, and has taken several measures to reduce its environmental impact. For example, the park is powered by 100% renewable energy and uses a state-of-the-art desalination plant to produce its own water.
- Accessibility: Siam Park is designed to be accessible to visitors of all ages and abilities. The park offers a range of attractions, from gentle wave pools to adrenaline-pumping slides, ensuring that there is something for everyone.
- Awards: Siam Park has been recognized as the best water park in the world by TripAdvisor's Travelers' Choice Awards for several years in a row. This is a testament to the park's commitment to excellence and its ability to provide visitors with a truly unforgettable experience.
While there are other water parks in Tenerife, Siam Park's unique theming, wide variety of attractions, commitment to sustainability, accessibility, and numerous awards set it apart from the competition.
Aqualand in Costa Adeje
Aqualand Costa Adeje is a water park located in the Costa Adeje area of Tenerife. The park covers an area of 90,000 square meters and features a wide range of attractions for visitors of all ages.
Some of the park's most popular attractions include:
- The King of the Congo: A large slide that starts with a steep drop into a massive funnel, where riders swirl around before being plunged into a pool below.
- Kamikaze: A pair of tall, steep slides that offer a high-speed descent into the pool below.
- Tornado: A four-person raft ride that takes riders on a wild ride through a series of twists and turns before dumping them into a splash pool.
- Surf Beach: A large wave pool where visitors can swim and play in the waves.
In addition to these thrilling attractions, Aqualand Costa Adeje also offers a variety of gentler rides and activities for younger visitors, including a kiddie pool and several smaller slides.
The park also features a number of amenities and services, including restaurants, snack bars, shops, and lockers. Visitors can also rent towels and sun loungers, or book a VIP cabana for a more luxurious experience.
Overall, Aqualand Costa Adeje is a fun and exciting destination for anyone looking to cool off and enjoy some aquatic thrills in Tenerife. It's a great choice for families, groups of friends, or anyone looking for a day of fun in the sun.
Costa Martianez in Puerto de la Cruz
Costa Martianez is a water park and leisure complex located in the town of Puerto de la Cruz in the north of Tenerife. It was designed by Cesar Manrique, a famous Spanish artist and architect, and opened in 1977. The park is unique in that it combines water features with beautiful botanical gardens, making it a popular destination for both tourists and locals alike.
The complex is spread over 100,000 square meters and features a variety of attractions, including a large saltwater swimming pool, several freshwater swimming pools, waterfalls, and a man-made lake. There are also several bars and restaurants on-site, as well as a cultural center, art gallery, and casino.
One of the most notable features of Costa Martianez is its striking architecture and design. The park features several large sculptures and installations by Cesar Manrique, including a massive arch made of lava stone, a series of colorful mosaics, and a towering water fountain. The park's botanical gardens are also a highlight, featuring a wide variety of exotic plants and trees from all over the world.
In addition to its leisure and entertainment offerings, Costa Martianez is also committed to sustainability and conservation. The park uses solar panels to generate electricity, recycles its waste, and uses seawater to fill its pools.
Overall, Costa Martianez offers a unique and beautiful experience that combines art, nature, and leisure. It is a must-visit destination for anyone traveling to Tenerife, particularly those interested in architecture, design, and the natural world.
Both Aqualand and Costa Martianez offer a range of attractions for visitors to enjoy, but they have a different atmosphere and style compared to Siam Park. While Aqualand is more traditional and established, Costa Martianez is known for its beautiful botanical garden and unique blend of natural and man-made features.